Continuing Education Credits
First Care Home Services in Miami Dade and Broward County offers flexible home study continuing education units (CEU) for health care workers. The CEUs are tracked by CE Broker and the added learning helps nurses stay up to date on improvements in technology, as well as new laws and regulations that pertain to the nursing industry.
Classes are available mornings and evenings.
CEU’s are available in:
- Alzheimer’s Disease & Related Disorders (ADRD)
- Communication Compliance and Risk Management
- Domestic Violence and Abuse
- End of Life Care
- Infection Control and Prevention
- Leadership Management Skills
- Medical Errors Prevention
- Palliative Care
30 Hour IV Certification Course (for RN or LPN)
Learn to properly and safely insert, maintain, and discontinue IVs. In many states, only RNs can start IVs. Licensed practical nurses (LPNs) or registered nurse (RN) can maintain IVs but not insert them.
In this certification course you will learn:
- IV administration for pediatric, adult and chemotherapy patients
- Appropriate central line dressing changes
- To access PICC lines and various ports for IV medication administration
There is a live Q&A at each class session and all materials for the certificate are included in the registration fee.