Home Healthcare Services
Skilled Nursing Care
At First Care Home Services in Miami, skilled nursing care involves licensed, trained professionals performing services that are needed temporarily due to an injury or illness. In the Miami/Dade/Broward County areas, First Care can provide skilled nursing care part-time, full-time, or as needed.
Skilled nursing care provides you with licensed professionals who may be qualified as one of the following:
- Registered Nurse (RN) – a registered nurse is a nurse who has graduated from a nursing program and met the requirements to obtain a nursing license
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) – LPNs are prepared throughout their educational careers to provide medication to patients and may seek additional certification for IV management
- Physical Therapist (PT) – physical therapists may evaluate and record a patient’s progress toward improved movement or pain management
- Occupational Therapist (OT) – occupational therapists may treat clients with injury, illness, or disability through the therapeutic use of everyday activities
- Nurse Practitioner (NP) – NPs are trained to assess patient needs, order and interpret diagnostic and laboratory tests, diagnose disease, and formulate and prescribe treatment plans
- Physiatrist (DO or DOM) – A DO or DOM is trained in physical medicine and rehabilitation – specializing in diagnosis, treatment, and management of disease primarily using treatment modalities such as physical therapy and medication
- Medical Doctor (MD) – MDs perform health assessments, run diagnostics, prescribe medication, and may specialize in specific areas of health and may also perform surgery
These professionals may provide medical services such as:
- Diabetic Care – prevention advice, using behavior change and health coaching techniques
- Medication Management – assist with medication schedule and evaluate response to medications and effectiveness
- Wound Care – including wound debridement, cleaning, bandaging, and working with the doctor or care team to determine if other treatments are necessary
- Catheter Care – inserting, removal, and replacement of catheters
- IV Medication – insert, monitor, and remove IV or administer IV medications
First Care skilled nursing care providers are there to answer your questions, address your concerns, and, most importantly, ensure your loved one has the tools they need to live safely and comfortably at home.
Our Care Manager will regularly be in touch with you and your loved one to determine their needs and help select the right care plan to best support the needs and desires of each client. That Care Manager also will be your touchpoint for information for the family and other loved ones.
When families in the Miami/Dade/Broward area depend on the home healthcare services from First Care Home Services, they will receive supportive, compassionate care tailored to meet their loved one’s medical and emotional needs.
Let us show you the First Care difference; we’d be honored to be part of your family.
Find a Skilled Nurse
First Care Home Services provides skilled nursing, home healthcare, and 24/7 nursing services throughout Miami and Broward Counties. Reach out today! We strive to return calls within 30 minutes so you can get started with the services you need.