Home healthcare services address a wide range of short-term or ongoing conditions and illnesses. Home health services may range from a companion aide to a skilled private duty nurse, and everything in between. Chances are, if you need home health care in the Miami or Broward County area, you’ve heard of us.
First Care Home Services provides trained, skilled staff to help if you or a loved one struggle with activities of daily living, medication management, depression, or are recovering from illness or injury. Home health care can help in these and other conditions including:
- Heart Failure or Heart Conditions
- Chronic Conditions
- Eating/Swallowing Problems
- Joint Replacement or Surgical Procedures
- Serious Illness (Pneumonia, Infection, Flu)
- Falls, Dizziness, or Vertigo
- Limb Amputation
- Medication Management
- Diabetes Management
- Respiratory Conditions
- Activities of Daily Living
- VIP Nursing Care
While an RN (registered nurse), LPN (licensed practical nurse), or similarly skilled nurse may be best suited for your needs, in general, home health care provides support you or your loved one in the following ways:
- Assistance with managing your daily medications.
- Monitoring early warning signs of distress or ailment.
- Instruction and training for both you and your caregiver on managing your ongoing health needs.
- Contributing to improved quality of life and aging in place.
- Serve as a case manager working alongside the patient to provide assistance with activities of daily living.
Home health care can help manage other conditions and issues as well. Home health care may even provide specialized services such as:
- Physical therapists – for strength and mobility.
- Occupational therapists – for daily routines and cognitive limitations.
- Speech therapists – for assisting the family and caregivers as the patient’s disease progresses.
- Psychiatric nurses – for patients with behavioral issues like agitation, aggression or other problems.
- Medical social workers – to help connect family caregivers with community support resources.
- Registered Nurses (RN) – a registered nurse has met the requirements to obtain a nursing license and can provide more care than a home health aid.
- Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) – LPNs provide medication to patients and may seek additional certifications
Before you begin any home health care services, make sure to talk to your doctor about your needs, your medication schedule, and any necessary instructions for the home care provider. You also may ask your doctor to prescribe home health care to instruct you and your loved ones on appropriately managing medications and how to best monitor your condition(s) to avoid complications.
First Care skilled nursing care providers are there to answer your questions, address your concerns, and, most importantly, ensure your loved one has the tools they need to live safely and comfortably at home.
At First Care Home Services we provide the skilled nursing care you need throughout Miami and Broward Counties. We are committed to our clients and promise to provide the best quality home care services available.
*ACHC License #
Miami Dade County: 29992562 (Medicare & Medicaid Certified)
Broward County: 299994743